Chanel Vital Lumiere Aqua Foundation 20 Beige

My first ever high end foundation was Chanel. After wearing drugstore foundations my whole life I started reading Lisa Eldridge's beauty blog as well as watching her YouTube videos. She raved about her favourite foundation the Chanel Pro Lumiere. So I went out and bought it. I still have the tiniest bit of that foundation left but knew that it had been discontinued and wanted to see if there was something similar from Chanel to try. 

That's where the Chanel Vital Lumiere Aqua comes in to play. This is a newish foundation to the market that came highly recommended by a few you tubers including Fleur de Force. It is described as "Ultra Light skin perfecting make-up" is intended for drier skin types, but seeing as mine has dry patches and I was after a glowy finish I thought I'd give it a whirl. 




What Chanel say:

A new-generation texture. An unprecedented sensory experience. A unique makeup result. Rapid and easy application. VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. Apply your makeup without thinking about it.

Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise: although exceptionally delicate and light, it offers an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energised. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if lit from within. Bathed in light…

Its formula, enriched with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.



Shake the bottle well before use to bring out the sensorial qualities of the texture. Apply from the centre of the face outwards.



First off, they really mean it. Before you use this foundation you must shake the bottle. Otherwise the foundation won't mix properly. Speaking of the bottle, it's teeny tiny. This is actually quite handy for travelling as it won't take up much space. Oh, and the bottle is also plastic, which when compared to the heavy glass bottle the old Pro Lumiere came in, is a vast improvement. Who really needs a glass foundation bottle?? Yes it may look pretty on a dressing table but seriously...





 I find that I keep coming back to this foundation. Over all of the ones that I have. I just find it goes on really well, and gives a light but even finish to the skin. I like to apply this with buffing motions using the Real Techniques Stippling brush. Love love love this brush. Could honestly say I would be lost without this brush in my routine now.

This foundation also has a small amount of sun protection. SPF 15 which for me at this time of year, when the sun hardly shows his face, is plenty.

The only thing I don't love about this foundation is the scent. Chanel foundations have a strong floral perfume to them which I hate. Ha. But luckily this scent only stays for about the first 30 minutes after you apply it.

Would I repurchase?: Yes

Comments

Popular Posts