Aesop Haul - Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum and Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque



An Aesop counter has popped up in my place of work making the brand much more accessible... I have always heard the brand mentioned and praised on lots of the blogs that I read, but before I lived in a big city I had never seen the brand to look at.

Anyway I wanted to get my hands on the Aesop Control Gel after Caroline Hirons mentioned that it is good for spots/ break-outs/ cysts. So I purchased this and the lovely lady on the counter gave me a few samples to try. 
Well I did try them and guess what, and I love them. 

I especially loved the Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum. The lady told me that the Aesop serums can be used on their own and you don't need to pop a moisturiser on after! Bonus! Well my skin loves this stuff. I knew this because after my 4 days of sample sachets ran out, I actually felt upset! So I knew I had to get it. 

It's the Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum £45 100ml

A photo of Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum

A photo of Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum

What they say:

Concentrated hydrating serum for normal to combination and sensitive skin.

An exceptional Aloe Vera-based moisturiser that uses a complex blend of anti-oxidant ingredients to hydrate, soften and fortify skin. An appealing alternative to cream or oil-based hydrator.

A photo of a swatch of Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum

A photo of a swatch of Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum

I've been using this for a week or so now every morning, and although I don't love the smell as much as I thought it did, it definately isn't offensive. And the positive thing is that my skin seems to love this. I had some pesky little red lumps all over my forehead that just wouldn't go away recently. Since using the Aesop serum they have gone. My skin is calmer, with no nasty spot recently (touch wood!) and my make-up sits on top of this serum very happily. No complaints here. The bottle is massive so is going to last a really long time and I even like the little pipette you use to measure out product. It avoids wasting any as you can have as many, or as few drops of the serum as you like.

When at the counter, I also stupidly asked what else is popular/ their cult product and the assistant told me about their Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque £27 60ml. 

A photo of the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque

A photo of the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque

A photo of the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque
What they say: 

A clay-based masque to deeply cleanse and refresh most skin types, particularly sensitive or dry.

A gentle yet thorough deep-cleansing treatment that extracts impurities clogging the pores, to smooth 
and refresh the skin.

How to use: Twice weekly, apply a thin layer of Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque to the face after cleansing. Leave for up to fifteen minutes, then rinse off with warm water.

A photo of a swatch of the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque

A photo of a swatch of the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque

I have only used the masque a couple of times so far, but it was very pleasant. Not sure it does anything amazing to my skin but think it definitely calms everything down and draws oil away.

The lady gave me a few more samples, including the Fabulous Face Oil which I cannot wait to try as I've seen this recommended recently by none other than Caroline Hirons.

Very impressed with the Aesop brand so far and look forward to trying more from their range.

Comments

Popular Posts