Current Skin Care Routine

A picture of my current skincare
 
As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently discovered Caroline Hirons via watching the youtube video she did with the Pixiwoo sisters. I had never heard of her to be honest, but did a little stalking investigating of her blog. 

Well I think I've now probably read every page, and have been converted. I now know that I really need to be taking much more care of my skin. Well especially the skin on my face as "you only get one face". I think I trusted what she said as a lot of it made sense to me immediately and also she agreed with a lot of things I already thought. I.e. that the clinique 3 step system is a menice. It ruined my skin when I tried it. Started giving me more spots and black heads where I have never had them (on my cheeks). 

I thought I had been doing an okay job with my skincare. I love beauty products, especially skincare items so had things already. I was still using a foaming cleanser (clinique one) and taking my make up off with either wipes (shock horror) or Bioderma Sensibio H2O. All of these things were not great in her opinion. So I decided to invest in some new bits and bobs in the skincare department. And this is what I'm currently doing:

A picture of my current skincare
A picture of my current skincare

Morning:
Cleanse my face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, and wash off with warm water and a muslin cloth or flannel.
Dry face and apply a few spritzes of Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner to a cotton wool pad and wipe all over face and neck.
Apply Clinque All About Eyes, eye cream with ring finger under my eyes.
Apply Hydraluron Moisture Booster to my face (a small pea size amount) and smooth in.
Perhaps spritz with Caudelie Beauty Elixir as a treat as this stuff smells so good.

A photo of Bioderma and Cetaphil cleanser

A picture of Elemis Apricot Toner, Liz Earle Moisturiser, Caudalie toner, Hydraluron and Clinique All about eyes



Evening:

To remove my make I am just about always good and use either a balm cleanser, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser or Cetaphil to remove my make up. The first 2 seem to work best in my opinion with regard to getting the make up off.

I normally use the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, a large pea sized scoop onto my cheeks and fore head, get a few drops of water to loosen the product and massage it all over my face, even my eyes to remove all my make up. 
Rinse of with a dampened flannel or muslin cloth.
Either repeat, but usually second cleanse with a lighter cleanser. Cetaphil, or Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean. Rinse with cloth or flannel as before.
Then I tone in the evening with my Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic toner on a cotton wool pad.
Apply Michael Todd eye cream under my eyes (sometimes I use that funny tool of his).
Apply something to my poor dry lips. My favourite one to put on for extra moisture is the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm.

A picture of Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, Liz Earle moisturiser and toner, Michael Todd eye cream, Peaches and Clean, Reve de Miel lip balm

 
Then I will either: 
Apply a face cream such as Soap and glory Wish Upon a Jar. Or the Ole Henriksen Truth Booster serum that I have been loving recently. I swear this stuff has made the lines n my forehead less visible!

Or apply my new Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning for Face and Décolleté. I've found you get best results just applying like a cream. A small amount to my neck, and to my face rubbed in well. Right up to the hair line. My boyfriend even likes the smell of this. He told me I smelt nice when I wore it for the first time. Ha. Self tanner that smells nice. Bonus.

Or use my Alpha H Liquid Gold, put some on a cotton wool pad and apply all over face.

A picture of Clarins Liquid Bronze and Alpha H Liquid Gold

My skin has thanked me since I started doing the above routine. I haven't had as many breakouts and it just seems a lot calmer on the whole. Very happy face.

Do you have a skincare routine?


Comments

Popular Posts