Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara Review

I have tried a fair few mascaras in my time. Some just don't live up to their claims, some wands are too big, some wands just hold too much mascara so you have to wipe it off with a tissue before you can even use it (waste of product and time. I'm talking about you loreal telescopic, or perhaps I just got a faulty tube). 

Well my favourite mascara of all time is the Max Factor Masterpiece Max. I used the original masterpiece for years and even introduced my mum to it and its now her favourite. But I wanted more from my lashes. I'm really fortunate that they are quite long, but maybe that's because i have small eyes. So I switched to the max as you just got a little bit more volume. I also like the Clinique high impact mascara. I recently tried the Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara that Tanya Burr raves about but find every time I wear it I get panda eyes! Not a good look, and considering that I have never had this problem with any other mascara I've used, I was not at all impressed. Also, I didn't realise it was one if those mascaras that has fibers in to supposedly make your lashes longer. When I open it for the first time I thought someone had used it and got their eyelashes in it. Gross. 

On to the review! 
After seeing lots of advertising (I'm a sucker for advertising, I always want to try new stuff) I thought maybe my next mascara should be a change and that I should give another of the max factor family of mascaras a go. 

A photo of Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara

I tried this for the first time today. I usually curl my eyelashes with the e.l.f eyelash curler (a bargain at £1.50 and it really works. I've tried about 3 high street curlers and this is the best one I've used. I'd love to try the famous shu uemura ones but worry that if they don't work with my eye shape its an expensive mistake. Maybe I will treat myself at christmas... AHHH, I have just check the e.l.f website to give you a link and they have changed them! The new ones now look just like the shu uemura ones, but I have no idea if they are still awesome!) but didn't so I could see what my lashes would look like without being curled.

A photo of Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara The wand holds a nice amount of mascara, not too much though. It's firm, which was surprising as I was expecting the rubber bristles that the Masterpiece mascara has for some reason. It has a kind of comb on one side which seperates your lashes beautifully. They were well coated, but defined and seperated with absolutely no clumping! Love it.

A photo of Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara wand

Update: After wearing this all day, I had no smudges at all, no flakes and it still looked great. I even has a compliment on my eyelashes today :) Very impressed and kind of wish I had bought the waterproof version as this would be great on holiday as it just looks so natural. You have to really look to see if you're wearing make up!

Here are some photos of how this mascara looks when applied:

A photo of my bare eyelashes
Bare Lashes

A photo of my bare eyelashes curled
Curled Bare Lashes
  
A photo of my curled eyelashes with one coat of Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara
Clump Defy Mascara
 

Comments

Popular Posts