Hydraluron Moisture Booster Review

I have a little problem with toiletries. 

These are my first impressions of a new serum I bought the other day. I've been looking at it for a few months now. But one of my work colleagues tried it and was not very impressed. But since then, I just kept reading about it on beauty blogs where people were really enjoying using it and decided to treat myself and get it. 






It is the Hydraluron Moisture Booster. £24.99 30ml

So, what is it?

It is a serum that is a gel like consistency. You are supposed to apply a small amount of this after cleansing your face and then apply your normal moisturiser over the top. It is supposed to "trap" moisture in your skin and therefore make it more hydrated. This is what it says on the boots website:
Using this product increases the skin's ability to retain moisture over time and reduces the amount of topical moisturisers needed to maintain ideal skin hydration.


I have normal/combination skin. Which I have decided is VERY de-hydrated. Sometimes I get little dry patches but my skin always feels like it doesn't have enough moisture, even when my t-zone is shiny. very annoying. 

After discovering the famous Caroline Hirons' blog a few months ago, I have decided to look after my face more. Like she says, "You only have one face". This is very true. So I've really been getting into properly cleansing, (moisture) toning and moisturising. I've not yet been doing the exfoliating toning step as having got my hands on any of products she recommends for this, but am looking to pick up the Pixi Glow Tonic at my soonest convenience. 

Anywho, back to the review! The moisture booster goes on easily and my skin just drinks it up. I have only used to for the past 5 days so far but I already think I have seen a difference. I'm using less moisturiser! Recently I have been loving the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser Light. I usually use 2 pumps of this in the morning. For the last 2 days I have only used one pump, as the days before my moisturiser was taking twice as long to rub in as it normally does. The cream was just moving around my face in white patches so I figured I would use less and guess what. My face still feels great. So far so good. I am just hoping that things continue to improve.



The only downside I have at the moment is the size of the tube. It's TINY! So much smaller than I thought it would be looking at the box. I guess it is only 30ml but I hope it will last longer than a month. I will have to keep an eye out for offers on this product, and maybe a cheeky 3 for 2 sometime.

I have even convinced my colleague to try this again!  

Have you tried this?


Comments

Popular Posts