Calypso Once a Day Sun Protection First Impressions



I had been wanting to try the famous P20 once a day suncream for ages now but have been put off mainly because of the price. I’m a little lazy when it comes to suncream. I hate the feel of it on my hands and skin. And that's even before sand gets mixed into the equation. So I'm bad at re-applying again after I've been in the pool or just out for a few hours as they suggest you reapply don’t they. So a once a day suncream applied a lot. I then read this review by Laura Loves Beauty and knew i had to try the alternative she suggests. Not only is it only £5 she says she prefers it. So i bought it the other day when i was in Asda. It usually £6 but was on offer at £5. And for that price I had to try it. 


It’s the Calypso Once a Day Sun Protection SPF20 200ml


A photo of Calypso Once A Day sun protection spf 20
Look how dry the lawn is!

This brand does SPF 30 and 40 too but I chose SPF 20 as I already have a SPF 30 suncream that I bought the other day and to be honest I am already quite tanned, and do tan very easily so SPF 20 is quite high for me. I used to use SPF 2 oil at the end of my 2 week holidays abroad (shock horror!).

I tried this for the first time today, and boy does it smell alcoholic. I was nearly knocked out when i rubbed this into my chest and arms. Wow. But the clear gel like consistency rubs in easily. Doesn’t cause any of that horrid skin rolling that i suspected it would, and drys very quickly (within a couple of minutes) to leave your skin as if there is nothing on it. Honestly! 




A photo of Calypso Once A Day sun protection spf 20 swatch
Swatched
A photo of Calypso Once A Day sun protection spf 20 swatch rubbed in
Blended in
 


 

So far, I love it. No tackiness, stickyness, funny smell, white marks. Brilliant! And so far I haven’t been burnt while wearing this. It wasn’t terribly hot today in the garden so I will have to re-test when the sun next shows its face (lets hope our summer isnt over yet!). 

So first impressions are good and for a fiver, I am very impressed and very much looking forward to using this while enjoying the sun on holiday in September.

Have you tried this or the famous P20?

Comments

Popular Posts