Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning Review




I have always been a little weary of fake tanning products. My skin has always tanned fairly easily/quickly in the sun so I have never needed to worry about making myself brown when the sun is out. The main time I turn to fake tan is when my legs are just plain pasty white after having been hidden all winter and just need some help. When that is the case, I always resort to moisturisers with a hint of self tan. That way if it all goes horribly wrong it's not the end of the world.

A few months ago I decided I was going to be kinder to my face. Cleansing more thoroughly and moisturising. As well as applying a proper SPF to it when out in the sun. My face has never tanned to the same extent as the rest of my body. It just doesn't really go brown. So I figured why was I desperately trying to make it brown in the sun? When all that is going to do in the long run is make it more wrinkley and old and haggered.

I decided to give my face a rest on the tanning front and cheat.

I'd read a few recommendations for face tanners and was almost going to get a St Tropez one when I started to see a common theme that this one was amazing...

  

It's the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning.


It's £18 RRP but I searched around on the internet and got mine from a website called Gorgeous Shop for £14.40 with free delivery. Yay.



Clarins say: Another award winning self tanner from Clarins, this product really is liquid bronze in a bottle. Perfect for special events or when you want a healthy glow quickly. As refreshing as water and as gentle as a milk, this vitamin-packed tanner delivers colour effortlessly to face and decollete with natural-looking results, while keeping your skin soft and looking healthy. Easy-to-apply, quick drying and streak-free.

I apply this as the last step at night after I have cleansed. Now it says on the bottle to put some onto a cotton wool pad and smear (ha) it all over your face and neck. I tried that method the first time I used this and woke up to see no difference what so ever. Maybe that approach would be fine/better for someone with paler skin. 

The next night, after some reading of other peoples reviews of this stuff, I put a small blog onto my hand and rubbed it into my neck and a small blog and rubbed that all over my face. Avoiding the eye area, eyebrows and hair line. Apparently I avoided that last one a little too much as I woke to a lovely tanned face with white bits at my hairline. Funny. I did better the next time!

The Clarins liquid bronze gives me a lovely, natural tan. It isn't streaky and it doesn't leave patches where you are lying on your pillow. It doesn't even smell like fake tan. When you apply this it just smells like a luxury face product. My boyfriend even told me I smelt good the first time I used this! Oh, and it doesn't break me out. Woop.

I am converted. I have no need to fry my face anymore. I'm faking it all the way with the face tan from now on.

Do you have any other recommendations for face self tanning?

Comments

Popular Posts