Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm Review



The other day I got sucked in at the counter at Debenhams and purchased my first 2 Elemis products. One was the New Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm, the other their Soothing Apricot toner

Now I had used Elemis products before, only samples mind you that I received with a Elemis spa voucher at Christmas. Well, of course the products I tried smelt and felt amazing but to be honest, it was always the price that put me off. With my obsession love of beauty products I thought if I tried more Elemis things I might like them and. That would not be good for my bank balance. But Debenhams were having their 10% off beauty promotion and I got sucked in...

Well on to the product. It has a very strong smell. It's nice, but a little over powering for me to be honest. I love the smell of the other bits I've tried from them but this seems to be trying too hard! The texture is a thick creamy balm that is slightly tinted (very slightly). It goes on nicely and leaves a slight glow to the face. Now I've only worn this with make up on top, and it does give the skin a nice dewyness, but I wouldn't say it lasts all day. When I come to take my make-up off, I wouldn't say I still have that glowing from within look. But hey ho. 


Oh and one finally thing. I have a bad feeling this is breaking me out! Dut du dur. The times I've used it, I swear that afterwards I keep getting this lumpy rash come up. Mainly on my forehead. And the only thing I can put it down to is this. And I really don't want it to be, especially as it is £32 a tube. For the last few times I've used this, I've only used it as a highlighter on my cheeks (something the sales assistant suggested at the counter when I bought it) to give a dewy glow there and it's been fine. I think this stuff just doesn't get on with my forehead. 

I'm going to persevere and try it again. I will update below if it does give me that rash again. Fingers crossed it doesn't!

Have you tried the Elemis pro radiance flash balm?

Comments

Popular Posts