Candles

I have a new found love of candles. Fragranced candles to be specific. 


A photo of my Muji Candle in the scent Log Fire

A photo of my Yankee Candle in the scent Christmas Eve


When I was still living with my parents, I used to read lots of blogs and quite a few of the bloggers always mentioned using fragrance in their homes. Candles mainly. Anyway, my Mum is not fond of candles and I never felt able to buy any. But I told myself, once I have my own home I would treat myself. 

Well I got a couple the other day and I LOVE them!

They are:

Yankee candle Christmas Eve

and

Muji Log Fire


Christmas Eve is just lovely. Yummy to be perfectly honest. It smells of sweet plums and fruityness and a hint of cinamon. Love it.

Log fire smells like... guess what, a fire. I dont know about you but I LOVE that smell of birthday candles. Well its also what a fire smells like, but I love it. I have just finished this candle and do you know what, I'm going to have to repurchase it as soon as I'm near a Muji store again ;)


Ooooooo, and being new to candle burning, I have had a little trouble with my candles doing something called "tunnelling". Buuuuuuuuut, I found a clever little solution on youtube. You wrap some tin foil around the top of the candle while it is burning and redirect the heat back into the candle. This forces it to burn all the way to the edge instead of tunneling straight down, wasting the candle wax and therefore burning time.

I cannot wait to buy more candles for my lovely new home :)

Comments

Popular Posts