Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil for Dehydrated Skin


I have been longing to try a facial oil for months. After hair oils took off, the next logical step was facial ones. 
I have always been very weary of using any kind of product containing oil on my face, let alone an actual oil product. This is mainly due to the fact that I have suffered in the past with acne and still have episodes of bad breakouts. And I have combination/ oily skin. With my t-zone turning into an actual oil slick at times. Something my lovely little brother still reminds me of. "Why have you put vasaline on your nose?!" .

So I ummed and arghed about whether a facial oil would indeed be right for me. But after seeing Caroline Hirons talk about this I knew I had to have it. It's the Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil for Dehydrated Skin £32.

What Clarins say:

Moisture care for Dehydrated Skin. 100% pure plant extracts. This best-selling oil contains extracts of Rosewood, Patchouli and Blue Orchid to tone, revitalise and restore radiance to moisture-depleted skin. Hazelnut Oil helps prevent moisture loss and the formation of fine lines.

How to apply:

In the evening, after thorough cleansing and toning, apply a small amount to face and neck still damp with Toning Lotion, avoiding the eye contour. Gently dab face with a soft tissue to remove any excess product.




I went for this one out of the oils that Clarins make mainly because I liked the smell of it best. They also do one for combination skin which would also probably work very well for me.

Ok Ok. So... I have used this product for a good few months now but only tend to use it max of once a week. To be perfectly honest after suffering with acne for so long and knowing that oils in some face creams *cough Clinique original dramatically different* break me out I think I'm still very weary of putting oils on my face. I guess it's just something I will have to try and keep up. Oh and the other bad thing is when ever I put this on at night my bf without fail will say "you've got that stuff on again". He HATES the smell of this. Even more so than the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Ha. And that's saying something. 
But this oil has a nice texture. I think it smells fine personally, but it's not to everyone's taste. It doesn't break me out (thank goodness!) and I can honestly say I think it really does help with dehydrated skin. 

I'm trying this out on my skin again for the next few days as I've have THE WORST spot just next to my lip (this is where I suffer with the worst spot/cysts and always have. I have lots of scars all around my lips from when I had acne). It's gone down quite abit now but there is still a lump under the skin and the skin on top is red and sore. Not fun. So I'm hoping this oil might help. Who knows!!!

Would I repurchase?: Yes, but I am hoping I wont need to for a very long time as you only use a few drops and the bottle is HUGE!

Comments

Popular Posts